Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Counting in English, Spanish and Chinese

So here are some videos of Sincere counting. Now let me give you a warning. The first video is of Sincere counting to 100. It is the longest video ever made. LOL! Seriously its like 6 minutes long so I don't expect anybody to watch all of it. The highlights for me are when he gets to 30 and 50 and he is trying to figure out what they are. You
can see him working through it in his head and he says "Three tens....30" and "Five tens (then he says five two a couple times) 50." But you might lose your mind if watch the whole thing. I thought I would share it anyways.

Now the reason its so long is because he finds it hard to focus on the task at hand when we are doing things. I have been working on finding ways to keep his focus or direct it back if he is all over the place. In the Spirited Kids book the author talked about touch as a way to do that so that's why you see me touching his hair or arm to guide him back.Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

He has been able to count and recognize up to one hundred for a while and can now recognize (but not count) really high numbers since he knows about the thousands
place, hundreds place, tens and ones place. He has been able to count to 20 in Spanish since before he turned 2 and he just learned how to count to 20 in Chinese. He picked up how to count to 5 from Ni Hao and I printed up the rest.

And yes my video bribe tool currently is Mike and Ikes. He will not perform on camera without a promise of payment in Mike and Ikes.





No comments: