Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Living with a HIGHLY sensitive kid

Ever sit around and think about how it would feel to live with a highly sensitive/spirited kid? If the answer is "yes" then your in luck. I have documented one of the thousands of ways your daily life might change if you had a highly sensitive kid living with you. In this rare video you can see the sensitive kid being "bothered" by the tags in his shirt. This happens all the time. He is also "bothered" by the sun on his leg if he is sitting at the table and the sun is shinning in the window, a tiny drop of water if one lands on his arm, threads in his pants, a noise so far away that I can barely hear it, if he feels me smell him and a piece of dust in his mouth. Watch the video and imagine how many fun times we have. :)

The second video is one I captured the day after we went to see "UP" at the movies. I was in the office and I heard-

"Ladies and Gentleman. Ladies and Gentleman. Ladies and Gentleman. I present to you....Thomas." So I snuck in there and asked him what he was doing. He had piled all of his trains in one corner and told me they were watching a movie. I asked him what the movie was about and he said "Slides." Then he took out a car ramp and had Thomas slide down in front of the other trains. Now this has nothing to do with the movie Up but its funny because he gets the concept of sitting in an audience and watching someone else doing something. He even had Percy and Hector sit close because "Percy is shy."

So I ran to get the camera and I lucked out because I guess there was more then one showing that day. :)

No comments: