Friday, August 14, 2009

Reading One of My Favorite Books

The other day we found a copy of one of my favorite books from when I was little on a free book table. The copy was beat up and pages were falling out but you can't beat free. Even though we aren't really at the level of reading chapter books with Sincere I decided to let him try to read it. With a mix of sight words and phonics he got the first page pretty quickly. He gets distracted pretty easily so I decided to break up the pages in chunks. You can see him getting distracted in the video when he is imagining a station under one of the words and is worried that I won't get the lollipop out of the garbage (I didn't really put it in there). But I have learned with Sincere you just work at his fast pace, do stuff in small increments and be open to distractions and he will get it.

Its just fun to now being able to share a book I remember reading (although I was much older, LOL!) And excuse the camera work. I am always filming with one hand and a heavy camera so its not the best.

No comments: